Oral & Posters Presentation Information
If you are giving an oral presentation, please read the following
- All oral presentations are to be 12-min in duration. Please adhere to this time limit so that 3 min remains for questions. Session chairs have been instructed to be friendly but ruthless with respect to time limits.
- There will be two parallel sessions. Please consult the program to make sure you are in the correct room.
- A Windows-based PC running a recent version of PowerPoint will be used for the presentations. Sorry, we are not able to accommodate other presentations programs, such as as Keynote.
- In the breaks prior to each session or during the early morning registration periods, please ensure that your talk is uploaded. Uploading talks will occur on site. Meeting staff will be available in each session room to assist with the uploading. Make sure you upload your talk in the correct room. You will not have time to load your talk during your session.
- When asembling your talk, make sure that all components (text, figures, tables, etc.) will be visible in a large conference room. Images should be high contrast so the audience can clearly see your findings. Ensure that the font you use is large enough to be seen from ~25 m. Avoid bad colour combinations – like red text on a dark blue background.
- Make sure that you have an appropriate number of slides in your PowerPoint presentation. For a 12 min talk, I would suggest that you have fewer than 16 slides, less if you have slides with complex figures or tables, or if you will show a long animation/movie. Please practice your talk prior to the meeting.
- This year we will offer cash prizes to the best oral presentations.
If you are giving a poster, please read the following
- All poster presentations should be on display for the full duration of the meeting. The poster set up time is 8:00-8:45 on Wednesday 30 March. Meeting staff will be able to provide Velcro to mount your poster on the provide poster boards. Posters should be self-contained. For example, there will be no access to electric outlets.
- Poster removal time is 17:00-17:15 on Thursday 31 March. Posters remaining after this time may be destroyed.
- We ask that you be near your poster during the meeting coffee breaks and after lunch, as well as 17:00-19:00 on Wednesday 30 March 2016, during the Poster Session and Cash Bar Reception.
- You will be allocated a poster board space of 1.2 m ´ 1.2 m (4’ ´ 4’). Please make sure your poster fits within this space.
- When making your poster, make sure that all components (text, figures, tables, etc.) will be visible a distance of 2 m to 3 m. Images should be high contrast. Avoid poorly visualized colour combinations. In my experience, meeting attendees (including judges) like attractive posters.
- This year we will offer cash prizes to the best poster presentations. Note that the poster judging only will occur 17:00-19:00 on Wednesday 30 March 2016, during the Poster Session and Cash Bar Reception.